Friday 12 August 2011

GF Carrot Pumpkin Spice Hot Cereal

Tonight I was sifting through all the marvelous recipes on www.ohsheglows.com and found a common, delicious theme: pumpkin!



Now, I am a sucker for pumpkin and anything with pumpkin spice in it :) Instantly, I had a craving for yummy pumpkin spiced warmth in my tummy. I scrounged through my very empty-cupboards and made a concoction only to be described as: hit-the-spot bowl of goodness.

I found, and thus created:
1 cup of water
1/3 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Mighty Tasty Hot Cereal
1 medium carrot (shredded)
Agave nectar (sweeten to taste)
Pumpkin Pie Spice (1 part cinnamon, 1/4 part ginger, 1/4 part nutmeg)
1 tsp ground flaxseed
5 raw almonds (chopped)
1 medium prune (diced)

1. Heat water in small skillet, bring to a boil.
2. Add hot cereal and shredded carrot to water, fully mix in, and reduce heat to low.
3. Add spice in and let simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
4. Add almonds, prunes, flax seeds and drizzle agave to taste, cover again, and let sit over minimal heat for 5 more minutes.
5. Brew a warming cup of herbal tea (I made David's Loose Tea - Glow), and ENJOY:)


Mine didn't look this neatly shredded.

Best Gluten-Free Hot Cereal I have had thus far. Easy on the tummy and so yummy!



I know this recipe needs tweaking, but this was a spur of the moment NEED and so I created.

-Em

No comments:

Post a Comment